Library Collection

The Library based at Wrest Park has been transferred to various organisations to complement their collections.

Much of the material published and collected by the Institute in early agricultural engineering has been transferred to the Museum of English Rural Life, which is the country’s national resource for agricultural history and rural life especially in farming techniques and equipment and dairying.

Journals and books on science and engineering have been transferred to Cranfield (Silsoe Campus), Harper Adams and other university libraries to complement their collections in agricultural sciences and engineering.

Institute Publications

The institute’s publications from 1987 are listed on the BBSRC’s OASIS database.

Publications by staff from mid 1980s to 2005 were mainly published in commercially available journals and conference proceedings and should be available via research or academic libraries, interlibrary lending systems or on publishers’ on-line web pages.

Earlier documents published by the Institute include:

These publications are now held by the Museum of English Rural Life. Divisional and Departmental Notes are also held by the British Library.

Test Reports

The Institute published tractor and other agricultural machinery test reports from 1949 to 2006 (see List - Test Reports).

Complete sets have been deposited with the Museum of English Rural Life at Reading University and at Harper Adams University College. Copies are also available in the British Library.

Photographic and film

The photographic archive, including all early films and glass plate negatives, has been donated to the Museum of English Rural Life. It is possible that you will be able to search for them on their website in due course.

Search Contacting staff by name Institute History The Wrest Park Group Members Login